The successful candidate will primarily be responsible for driving sales through engaging with customers, answering sales enquiries, ensuring the shop floor and displays are kept at their best at all times and ensuring there is a welcoming and friendly atmosphere in the store.
They will also be responsible for various support and administrative tasks outlined below. They will have a keen eye for detail, excellent communication skills and an enthusiastic appreciation for good design. They will understand and be passionate about our company ethos and products and will have at least two years sales experience in high end design retail.
This is a temporary Christmas position from now to the start of January
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Minimum two years’ experience in design retail would be an advantage
- Background in interior, homeware or design-led brands would be an advantage
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel (Adobe Suite - Photoshop, InDesign would be an advantage)
- Must be available to work both weekday's as well as weekends
- Meeting daily sales targets.
- Providing customers with a well-informed, polite, friendly and high quality service.
- Managing POS processes, wrapping and box up goods for customers
- Offering customers assistance with enquiries via telephone, email and in-store.
- Opening up in the morning and closing up in the evening including cashing up.
- Ensuring the shop floor and displays are kept at their best at all times and always well
stocked and replenished.
- Ensuring all stock is correctly labelled.
- Receiving and processing incoming deliveries.
- Processing and fulfilling online orders.
- Ensuring accurate communication between fellow staff members of ongoing orders and/or
- Assisting with stock taking and updating our stock management system when necessary.
- Dealing with any customer or store issues that may crop up.
- Responsible for security within the store
- Assist the café team, management and office team or kitchen team when required.
- Follow all company policies and procedures
- Act as a brand ambassador for Industry & Co in your behaviour and outlook at all times.
- Maintain the store appearance at all times
What We Offer
Our employees are our most valued asset. Your personal and professional development is important to us, and you can expect challenging work responsibilities and the opportunity to grow with our team. More important than this are the pleasant working conditions as part of a fantastic team.
If you think you would be perfect for this role, we would love to hear from you! Please send in your CV with the subject line "Christmas Retail Sales Assistant" to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us a little bit about yourself and why you would like to work for us, good luck!