Industry & Co.
Industry & Co.
The Head Chef is responsible for all food production within Industry Café, including all items produced for Breakfast, Lunch, Evening, Weekend Brunch & on/off site Catering Events. Menu Development, food purchase specifications & standardized recipes are to be clearly documented & shared within the team. Development & monitoring of food & labour budgets for department also fall within this role, as does employee hiring and supervision. The Head Chef is responsible for maintaining the highest professional food quality & hygiene standards throughout the operation.
Your duties will include:
- 5 shifts per week in our Drury St, Dublin 2 location.
- Focus on the quality, variety and consistency of the food we serve.
- Create daily and weekly menus and ensure all our food is varied and conforms to our specification
- Develop agreed sales targets and profitability.
- Establish high standards relating to food waste and implementing record keeping and monitoring to track and reduce waste
- Ensure that kitchen hygiene and food safety standards are maintained, making sure all records and traceability requirements are completed
- Ensure that Health and Safety standards are followed in accordance with statutory provisions and full HACCP compliance.
- Undertake training as required to ensure continued development within your role and of your team.
- Ensure all your kitchen staff are properly trained to fulfil their duties
- Ensure that the kitchen is properly equipped to fulfil the food preparation, assembly and presentation standards.
- Manage orders and all kitchen stock and fresh ingredients arriving from external suppliers
- Ensure efficient forecasting and ordering of ingredients and goods
- Documenting all recipes, method ingredients and costing and keeping records including allergens of all food served each day.
- Manage appropriate hiring and rostering of the kitchen team.