You will be primarily responsibility for day to day performance and operations on the shop floor in Industry Lifestyle Limited (in all divisions including Industry & Co retail store, the café and our kids concept store Barn, located 30 metres away from Industry & Co) You will work with the management team and team leaders to ensure we meet our monthly sales targets, maintain an excellent level of customer service, manage stock to maximise sales potential and ensure that the Industry & Co brand is represented visually in the store at all times.
You will be expected to follow process to ensure the smooth running of the store. You will take the lead in handling customer issues effectively to resolution while ensuring standards are met at all times. You will manage full and part time sales staff including, staff issues, rostering and training as necessary.
You will have a keen eye for detail, excellent communication skills and an appreciation for good design. You will have at least three years sales experience in high end retail.
You will understand and be passionate about our company ethos.
- Sales Targets – work with the management team to deliver monthly sales target for the store
- Product Knowledge – demonstrate in-depth knowledge of all products
- Staff Training – Train new staff on company policy, procedures and brand information. Assist staff to ensure they are informed and knowledgeable at all times.
- Lead Management – generate and manage sales leads with a view to meeting monthly targets
- Sales & Supplier Management – manage and process customer orders through to completion
- Delivery & Shipping – manage shipping and delivery processes
- Store Upkeep – oversee all aspects of store maintenance and upkeep
- Daily – Complete all daily processes including those of a store sales assistant including store maintenance and upkeep
- Staff Rostering – Responsible for all aspects of the roster
- Customer Service – Provide excellent customer service to our customers both in store and online, driving and delivering sales targets.
- Staff Management – Ensure the smooth running of the stores, solve problems, delegate and oversee jobs and reprimand staff when required. You will be the 1st point of contact for all staff enquires and issues.
- Store Operations – Run and maintain all store operations, ensuring the most efficient procedures are put in to place, including processing deliveries, stock room organisation and inventory management.
- Stock Management – liaise with senior management and the buyers on stock levels, place orders when required, manage stock deliveries, organise and perform stock takes, oversee stock room organisation and display merchandising
- Reports – Provide weekly and monthly management reports and use the data to proactively meet and grow sales.
- Brand ambassador – Act as a brand ambassador in your behaviour and outlook at all times.
- Store Security – Responsible for security within the store
- Minimum 1 year experience in a similar Team Leader, Floor Manager or Assistant Manager position
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Self-motivated and ability to work on own initiative
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong retail sales skill set
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Highly organised
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Background in interior design, homeware's & lifestyle or in the design industry
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel (Adobe Suite - Photoshop, InDesign would be an advantage)
- This role is a 30 - 40 hour role based on a 5 over 7 day week
- Must be available both weekday's and weekend's
What We Offer
Our employees are our most valued asset. Your personal and professional development is important to us, and you can expect challenging work responsibilities and the opportunity to grow with our team. More important than this are the pleasant working conditions as part of a fantastic team of 5 (and a wider team of 30 including our Barn team!)
If you think you would be perfect for this role, we would love to hear from you! Please send in your CV with the subject line "Floor Manager" to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us a little bit about yourself and why you would like to work for us, good luck!