The Head Chef is responsible for all food production within Industry Café, including all items produced for Breakfast, Lunch, Evening, Weekend Brunch & on/off site Catering Events. Menu Development, food purchase specifications & standardized recipes are to be clearly documented & shared within the team. Development & monitoring of food & labour budgets for department also fall within this role, as does employee supervision. Furthermore the Head Chef is responsible for maintaining the highest professional food quality & hygiene standards throughout the operation.
The formation of an “Ideas Creation Team” will be a prerequisite for this role. Tasked with, in consultation with management, creating new menu concepts, develop product costing & building relationships with local suppliers to introduce local & seasonal products to the menu. Being aware of competitors, the current hospitality market, Irish regulatory requirements & consumer trends is at the forefront of growing Industry & Co into the next chapter.
Ultimately, you’ll prepare and deliver a complete menu that delights our guests.
Days of the week and hours
40 hours / per week – 5 days on a 7 day weekly roster
- Demonstrate an ability to interact positively with management, co workers & the public to promote a team effort & maintain a positive & professional approach.
- Schedules & coordinates the work of the Chefs & Kitchen Porters, to ensure that food preparation is economical, technically correct & within budgeting costs goals.
- Ensure the highest standard of hygiene, cleanliness & safety are maintained throughout all kitchen areas, dry goods & storage at all times.
- Establish & maintain a regular cleaning & maintenance schedule for all kitchen areas & all kitchen equipment.
- Support safe work habits & a safe working environment at all times.
- Evaluate food products to ensure that company quality standards are consistently attained.
- Monitor and work closely with the Café supervisor to ensure that the daily food offering is at Industry’s Standard & will communicate with Café employees regarding food items & dietary specification.
- Plans the daily menus for Industry Café & creates new innovative catering menus for clients that reflect their specific expectations.
- Establish & maintain controls to minimize, monitor & report food waste & theft.
- Implements measures to reduce overall food costs & exercises portion control for all items served.
- Approve the requisition & purchase of products & other necessary food supplies.
- Evaluates products to ensure that quality, price & related standards are consistently met.
- Develop recipes & techniques for food preparation which help to assure consistently high quality.
- Ensure proper staffing, maximum productivity & efficiency throughout the daily running of the operation.
- Recruits, interviews, selects, supervises, counsels & disciplines all employees within the kitchen to include kitchen Porters. This is inclusive of employing & or terminating contracts for employees when necessary.
- Proven work experience as a chef or cook
- Self-motivated and ability to work on own initiative
- Strong leadership, motivational and people skills
- Hands-on experience with various kitchen equipment (e.g. grillers and pasta makers)
- Advanced knowledge of culinary, baking and pastry techniques
- Ability to remain calm and undertake various tasks
- Excellent time management abilities
- Up-to-date knowledge of cooking techniques and recipes
- Familiarity with sanitation regulations
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Meticulous attention to detail
What We Offer
Our employees are our most valued asset. Your personal and professional development is important to us, and you can expect challenging work responsibilities and the opportunity to grow with our team.
If you have experience with advanced cooking techniques and non-traditional ingredients, we’d like to meet you. Please send in your CV with the subject line "Head Chef" to email@example.com and tell us a little bit about yourself and why you would like to work for us, good luck!