We are looking for a Café Supervisor to lead all aspects of the food related business for Industry Lifestyle Limited. You will deliver a high-quality menu and ensure our café runs smoothly and customers have pleasant dining experiences.
You will work closely with the senior management team to ensure that we are maintaining the café’s revenue, profitability and quality goals. You will ensure efficient café operation, as well as maintain high productivity, quality, customer-service standards and ensure that the Industry & Co brand is represented at all times. You will also be responsible for food safety in the service areas and ensure that all HACCP procedures are being followed.
You will be expected to set and follow procedures to ensure the smooth running of the department including on site and off site catering and events. You will take the lead in handling customer issues effectively to resolution while ensuring standards are met at all times. You will manage full and part time food staff including: recruitment, staff issues, rostering and training as necessary.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need management skills and experience in both front and back of the house. We want you to know how to oversee the seating area, check-in with customers and balance seating capacity. Back of the house management experience is also essential as we’ll expect you to lead by example and uplift our staff during busy moments in our fast-paced environment. You will have a keen eye for detail, excellent communication skills, an appreciation for good food and most importantly, be passionate about the company ethos.
- Self-motivated and ability to work on own initiative
- Strong leadership skills
- Extensive food and beverage knowledge, with ability to remember and recall ingredients and dishes to inform customers and wait staff
- Strong presentation skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong written, verbal communication and computer skills
- Strong leadership, motivational and people skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Highly organised
- Proficient in word processing and spreadsheet software applications
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a Restaurant Supervisor /Manager, Restaurant General Manager, Hospitality Manager or similar role
- Familiarity with restaurant management software is a plus
- Sales - work with the senior management team to set and deliver monthly sales targets .
- Customer Service – set guidance for the team to ensure the department delivers superior service and maximize customer satisfaction.
- Respond efficiently and accurately to customer complaints.
- Coordinate daily Front of the House and Back of the House operations.
- Staff Management – ensure the smooth running of the café and related business, ensure team members are performing at maximum productivity, manage staff availability, efficient rostering, breaks and holidays, solve problems, delegate and oversee jobs and reprimand staff when required. You will be the 1st point of contact for all staff enquiries and issues.
- Be “on-call” with the responsibility to respond to problems or fill-in when needed
- Recruitment – including sourcing, interviewing and hiring new staff.
- Training - Proactively train staff to maintain and uphold all company and department policies Maintain discipline and where appropriate reprimand staff in accordance with our policies.
- Quality Control – operate a system whereby food and beverage quality is checked and maintained.
- HACCP – implement and maintain our HACCP policies and maintain all related records
- Stock – Control and maintain sufficient stock levels of food and beverage products sold in the store (fresh and bought in), ingredients and all associated packaging and consumables.
- Regularly review product quality and research new vendors
- Cleaning and Maintenance – Ensure the café, seating area, toilets, equipment, utensils, counters and service areas are kept clean and maintained.
- Forecast and maintain levels for stock for cleaning products and other supplies used daily.
- Reporting – provide senior management with regular weekly, monthly and annual reports including but not limited to performance, sales, stock and waste.
- Proactively solve problems and make decisions that benefit the café and company at large. Implement policies and protocols that will maintain operations.
- Dress in a manner in keeping with the style of the store and at events, dress in accordance with the event specific dress code.
- Being aware of competitors, the current hospitality market, Irish regulatory requirements & consumer trends is at the forefront of growing Industry & Co into the next chapter.
- Catering/Events – manage all aspects of service including preparation, staffing, logistics, onsite setup and tear down of catering and other events
- Cash/Security – set process, operate and manage a system for cash counting, security and reporting including taking cash to and from the bank.
- Carry out instructions given by the senior management team in a timely and accurate manner.
What We Offer
Our employees are our most valued asset. Your personal and professional development is important to us, and you can expect challenging work responsibilities and the opportunity to grow with our team. More important than this are the pleasant working conditions as part of a fantastic team of 5 (and a wider team of 30 including our Barn team!)
If you think you would be perfect for this role, we would love to hear from you! Please send in your CV with the subject line "Café Supervisor" to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us a little bit about yourself and why you would like to work for us, good luck!