We are looking for a Cafe Manager to lead all aspects of the food related business for Industry Lifestyle Limited.
You will be primarily responsible for day to day performance and operations of the café and food related business for Industry Lifestyle Limited.
You will work with the management team to ensure we meet our monthly sales targets, maintain an excellent level of customer service, manage stock to maximise sales potential and ensure that the Industry & Co brand is represented at all times. You will be responsible for food safety in the service areas and ensure that all HACCP procedures are being followed.
You will be expected to set and follow processes to ensure the smooth running of the department including on site and off site catering and events. You will take the lead in handling customer issues effectively to resolution while ensuring standards are met at all times. You will manage full and part time food staff including: recruitment, staff issues, rostering and training as necessary.
You will have a keen eye for detail, excellent communication skills and an appreciation for good food. You will have at least three years sales and management experience in the food industry.
You will understand and be passionate about the company ethos.
- Self-motivated and ability to work on own initiative
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong food industry skill set
- Strong presentation skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong written, verbal communication and computer skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Highly organised
- Proficient in word processing and spreadsheet software applications
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a management role
- Sales - work with the management team to set and deliver monthly sales targets
- Customer Service – set guidance for the team to ensure the department provides excellent customer service to our customers
- Staff Management – ensure the smooth running of the café and related business, ensure team members are performing, manage staff availability, efficient rostering, breaks and holidays, solve problems, delegate and oversee jobs and reprimand staff when required. You will be the 1st point of contact for all staff enquires and issues
- Ensure proper staffing, maximum productivity & efficiency throughout the daily running of the operation
- Delegate responsibilities as necessary
- Catering/Events – manage all aspects of service including preparation, staffing, logistics, onsite setup, attendance and tear down of catering and other events
- Cash/Security – set process, operate and manage a system for cash counting, security and reporting including taking cash to and from the bank
- Quality Control – operate a system whereby food and beverage quality is checked and maintained
- Stock – Control and maintain sufficient stock levels of food and beverage products sold in the store (fresh and bought in), ingredients and all associated packaging and consumables
- Training - Proactively train staff to maintain and uphold all company and department policies
- Cleaning and Maintenance – Ensure the café, seating area, toilets, equipment, utensils, counters and service areas are kept clean and maintained and ensure reporting is completed as needed
- Handle customer complaints with professionalism and tact before always reporting to management
- Recruitment including: sourcing, interviewing and hiring new staff
- Maintain discipline and where appropriate reprimand staff in accordance with our policies
- HACCP – implement and maintain our HACCP policies and maintain all related records
- Reporting – provide management with regular reports including but not limited to performance, sales, stock and waste
- Be responsible for the counting and dissemination of customer tips to team members
- Proactively solve problems and make decisions that benefit the café and company at large
- Be “on-call” with the responsibility to respond to problems or fill-in when needed
- Dress in a manner in keeping with the style of the store and at events, dress in accordance with the event specific dress code
- Being aware of competitors, the current hospitality market, Irish regulatory requirements & consumer trends is at the forefront of growing Industry & Co into the next chapter
- Carry out all instructions given by the management team in a timely and accurate manner